Concrete topping slab

Chem-comp is a an additive mixed with the cement during manufacture that
would expand initially an amount roughly equal to the eventual shrinkage.
It is called a shrinkage compensating cement.  Our firm used it sucessfully

 in many slabs on grade and topping slabs over double Tees in the `70s.
In order for it to work correctly, it is necessary to provide a mehtod of
confining the expansion,either by reinforcing or by the substrate, as with
topping slabs,.
The mix design and placement are also tricky. We always required the
supervision of a manufacturer`s rep.
Dick Phillips