Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Correction on Structural Steel Material[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Correction on Structural Steel Material
- From: "Lanny Flynn" <Flynn_Group(--nospam--at)classic.msn.com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jan 98 22:43:35 UT
My earlier email wasn't quite correct. I apologize if I have caused some confusion. I stated that mills don't produce A36 wide flange sections any longer which isn't true some mills can produce A36 for certain heavier shapes. The following is what AISC recommends engineers to specify on the drawings: A572 GR50 (per technical bulletin #3) for wide flange shapes A36 for plates, channels, and angles. note that A572 can be specified for plate if needed by design. Technical bulletin #3 essentially limits the yield to tensile ratio. Hope this info helps Lanny J. Flynn S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Coring in concrete slabs
- Next by Subject: Correction on Structural Steel Material
- Previous by thread: RE: Rigid Frame Displacement
- Next by thread: Correction on Structural Steel Material