Correction on Structural Steel Material

My earlier email wasn't quite correct.  I apologize if I have caused some
confusion.

I stated that mills don't produce A36 wide flange sections any longer which
isn't true some mills can produce A36 for certain heavier shapes.

The following is what AISC recommends engineers to specify on the drawings:

 A572 GR50 (per technical bulletin #3) for wide flange shapes

A36 for plates, channels, and angles.

note that A572 can be specified for plate if needed by design.

Technical bulletin #3 essentially limits the yield to tensile ratio.

Hope this info helps

Lanny J. Flynn S.E.