Need default passive pressure in Santa Monica

I am retrofiting a softstory structure in Santa Monica. The design I wish to follow uses embedded columns. The building is on 6th street off Colorado. I am not sure what allowable passive pressure and maximum passive pressure to use for this location without a soils report. Can anyone in this area provide me some basic figures. I am assuming an expansive clay condition similar to the rest of Los Angeles, however, I would think this close to the ocean, the soil would be a higher percentage of sand or sandy silt than clay.
I would appreciate an opinion on this one.
Thanks
Dennis Wish PE