Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Need default passive pressure in Santa Monica[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: Need default passive pressure in Santa Monica
- From: "wish" <wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 18:25:29 -0800
I am retrofiting a softstory structure in Santa Monica. The design I wish to follow uses embedded columns. The building is on 6th street off Colorado. I am not sure what allowable passive pressure and maximum passive pressure to use for this location without a soils report. Can anyone in this area provide me some basic figures. I am assuming an expansive clay condition similar to the rest of Los Angeles, however, I would think this close to the ocean, the soil would be a higher percentage of sand or sandy silt than clay.
I would appreciate an opinion on this one.
Dennis Wish PE
- Prev by Subject: Near Source Maps
- Next by Subject: Re: Need default passive pressure in Santa Monica
- Previous by thread: Quality Speakers
- Next by thread: Re: Need default passive pressure in Santa Monica