Re: SAP, RISA3D, STAAD - Master/Slave Relationships

Warren Stewart wrote :

<< >Another example: What if we introduce a support settlement at the
 base of one
 >of the columns? This node is out of plane and is not slaved, but this
 load
 >will definitely impact our diaphragm, and the previously mentioned
 >transposition isn't going to account for it.

 The Ghali and Neville formulation will properly account for this.

I dont understand how the Ghali/Nevile fromulation, which is for plane
stiffness, will account for this. Could you please elaborate?

Thank you,
Don McMarlen, P.E.