Re: 1962 LA BC -Reply

My 1960 LABC has the same formula as displayed
below except that there is no K factor for elevated
tanks.

H.B.

>>> dennismc <dennismc(--nospam--at)dennismc.com>
01/06/98 05:44am >>>
My 1970 LA City code indicates V=KCW.

K=1 for all other bldg types
K=1.33 for box systems
K=.8 for dual bracing systems of ductile frame and
shear walls
K=.67 for ductile frames
K=3 for elevated thanks
K=1.5 for structures other than bldgs.

C=.5/Qubed root of T

hope this helps

Dennis McCroskey

Vivian Huang wrote:

> Does anyone know the lateral seismic factor used
in the
> 1962 Los Angeles Building Code?
>
> Vivian Huang

***
Engineers
> *   Association of California (SEAOC) email server.
> *   admin(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the
message type
> *   "join seaoc" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send
email
> *   to admin(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the
message
> *   type "leave seaoc" (no quotes). For questions,
send
> *   email to seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org. Remember, any
email you
reposted
web
> *   site at: http://www.seaoc.org
********

Engineers
*   Association of California (SEAOC) email server. To

*   admin(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the message
type
*   "join seaoc" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send
email
*   to admin(--nospam--at)seaoc.org and in the body of the
message
*   type "leave seaoc" (no quotes). For questions,
send
*   email to seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org. Remember, any
email you
*   send to the list is public domain and may be
reposted
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our
web
*   site at: http://www.seaoc.org