Re: FNDN: Residential footings considering frost depth

Bill,

First of all, why go so far below the frost depth?  I thought the idea was just
to get the bottom of the footing or turn-down below the frost depth to prevent
frost heave. Something like 2'-8" to 3'-0" in your case would be good enough I
should think.

I also don't believe that you would have to do this on the interior of the
building.  The ground isn't going to freeze if the building is heated as in a
residential structure.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Dan

--