Re: Info about Steel CAD Software

On  7 Jan 98, Info CyA wrote:

> From:          "Info CyA" <info(--nospam--at)cya.com.ar>
> To:            <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
> Subject:       Info about Steel CAD Software
> Date:          Wed, 7 Jan 1998 12:35:53 -0300

> To all of you:
>
> My name is Juan Constantinidis (of CyA Ingenieria, www.cya.com.ar )
> and I am from Argentina. I joint to seaoc list mail recently and
> recive all the e-mails. All are very interesting, but my english is
> more a les so many words i don't understand. I hope that I can
> undertand all in a few weeks. My job here in Argentina is making
> engineering developes in steel and concrete structres and also works
> like constructures.
>
> I am looking arround the word one software for CAD in steel
> structure, tha makes automaticaly drawing details, joints an all
> parts of the steel structure. Of course also calculates the
> structure with FEM or make automaticaly files to process with other
> FEM Programs, and verificate the stresses by the LRFD manual,
> because in a few months will be the oficial manual here. If anyone
> use or know about this software i will apreciate the information,
> sending it to the list or if you want directly to info(--nospam--at)cya.com.ar
>
> If anyone need something from argentina I am ready to listen to you
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Juan Constantinidis
> www.cya.com.ar

Juan,

You may wish to investigate FrameWorks Plus from Intergraph
(http://www.intergraph.com/iss/products/struct/fwpover.htm).
This is a well-developed structural solids modeling application
through which a user can create a 3D model, export the model for
analysis, produce material quantity reports, and extract views from
the model to be used for the creation of 2D drawings.

The application runs on top of and utilizes MicroStation as its base
CAD program.  More info on MicroStation can be obtained through its
developer, Bentley Systems Inc.
(http://www.bentley.com/products/microstation95/).

Both applications are highly recommended.

Best regards,
Jeff

Jeff Phillips
Senior Structural Designer