Re: Internet Charges for Phone Lines

Hello, I am passing this information on to you, because I know you are avid
Internet users.

I am writing you this to inform you of a very important matter currently under
review by the FCC. Your local telephone company has filed a proposal with the
FCC to impose per minute charges for your internet service. They contend that
your usage has or will hinder the operation of the telephone network. It is my
belief that internet usage will diminish if users were required to pay
additional per minute charges. The FCC has created an email box for your
comments, responses must be received by February 13, 1998. Send your comments
to isp(--nospam--at)fcc.gov and tell them what you think. Every phone company is in on this
one, and they are trying to sneak it in just under the wire for litigation.
Let everyone you know hear this one. Get the e-mail address to everyone you
can think of. >>

Make a copy of the text below:

The internet has hardly matured and the telephone companies want to stifle
progress by charging for phone line usage.  They will make their profits as
users sign on to ISP services and on ramp charges are billed to the individual
dial up provider ISPs.  Please veto any legislation regarding internet
telephone line charges.

I am forwarding this email as I have received it.
Would some one check the accuracy of the info.

Ara Maloyan P.E.