Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Internet Charges for Phone Lines[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Internet Charges for Phone Lines
- From: Amaloyan <Amaloyan(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 00:56:29 EST
Hello, I am passing this information on to you, because I know you are avid Internet users. I am writing you this to inform you of a very important matter currently under review by the FCC. Your local telephone company has filed a proposal with the FCC to impose per minute charges for your internet service. They contend that your usage has or will hinder the operation of the telephone network. It is my belief that internet usage will diminish if users were required to pay additional per minute charges. The FCC has created an email box for your comments, responses must be received by February 13, 1998. Send your comments to isp(--nospam--at)fcc.gov and tell them what you think. Every phone company is in on this one, and they are trying to sneak it in just under the wire for litigation. Let everyone you know hear this one. Get the e-mail address to everyone you can think of. >> Make a copy of the text below: The internet has hardly matured and the telephone companies want to stifle progress by charging for phone line usage. They will make their profits as users sign on to ISP services and on ramp charges are billed to the individual dial up provider ISPs. Please veto any legislation regarding internet telephone line charges. I am forwarding this email as I have received it. Would some one check the accuracy of the info. Ara Maloyan P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: International Engineers Week (Feb 21 - 27, 1999)
- Next by Subject: Re: Introibo etc.
- Previous by thread: Re: Need some URM advice -Reply -Reply
- Next by thread: trying to find two engineers