RE: Light ga. steel publ.

Since I have not seen any familiar names writing in about residential
steel framing, I am not sure whether this is old news.  Anyway, here
goes:

There is a group of engineers working on technical standards for light
gauge steel framing.  The Light Gauge Steel Engineers Association
(LGSEA) meets several times a year.  They publish a newsletter and
technical notes.  In addition, the NAHB, in collaboration with AISI, has
published a Prescriptive Method for Residential Cold-Formed Steel
Framing, 5/96 with Commentary.  If anybody is interested in LGSEA, they
can contact Larry Williams at 615 386 7139, fax 7056.  At NAHB, contact
is Jay Crandell, jcrandell(--nospam--at)nahbrc.org

Contact at AISI for all of these activities is Geoff Stone,
steelbldr(--nospam--at)aol.com

John Silva, SE     silva(--nospam--at)hilti.com