Re: SAP, RISA3D, STAAD - Master/Slave Relationships

I sent this a week ago but never got response, so I'll try again.

 Warren Stewart wrote :

 << >Another example: What if we introduce a support settlement at the
  base of one
  >of the columns? This node is out of plane and is not slaved, but this
  load
  >will definitely impact our diaphragm, and the previously mentioned
  >transposition isn't going to account for it.

  The Ghali and Neville formulation will properly account for this.

 I dont understand how the Ghali/Nevile fromulation, which is for plane
 stiffness, will account for this. Could you please elaborate?

 Thank you,
 Don McMarlen, P.E.