Re: INSP - Special Inspection Epoxy Anchors

Special inspection is extremely critical for any epoxy anchors. if the
holes are not cleaned or larger than required, the anchors won't work.
Sometimes you can get only half the required values.  Pull-out tests
should be performed for critical anchors.  I usually specify 10% to 20%
ramdom test on these epoxy anchors as first trial.  Pull-out values can
be up to 2 times design values.  If the first round passes, then stop,
or else, continue to the next round until you are satisfied with the
results.

good luck,

Tom Chiu, SE