Re:Snow and Wind

Norb,

Ground snow load for Bonner's Ferry, ID, is 89 psf at elevation 1780ft.

Ground snow load for Coeur d'Alene, ID, is 60 psf, at elevation 2190ft.

Note that the ground snow load varies considerably with elevation changes.

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Norb Volny wrote:

> >Compatriats,
>         I'm looking for design wind speeds and ground snow loads for
> Bonner's Ferry and Coeur 'd Alene Idaho and  wind for Port Angeles Washington.
>         If you have snow or wind info for any of these areas I'd appreciate
> your sharing it with me.

Snow load information for Idaho is available in the publication "Ground
and Roof Snow Loads for Idaho", published by the University of Idaho,
Department of Civil Engineering, Moscow Idaho 83844-1022. (208) 885-6703

Ed.S.
Edwin R. Schmeckpeper, P.E., Ph.D.
Department of Civil Engineering                   Phone  : (208) 885-6702
University of Idaho                               FAX    : (208) 885-6608
Moscow, Idaho 83844-1022                          E-Mail : eds(--nospam--at)uidaho.edu