Re: IDR

At 12:45 PM 1/20/98 +0800, you wrote:
>We are designing a new 5 level airport in Manila, 188,000 m2.  The type
>of construction is concrete flat plate slab with drop panels.  We are
>using SAP2000 to analyze the structure.  After we perform the analysis
>and get the seismic forces from the response spectra analysis, should we
>apply an IDR to reduce the forces before we compare them with the
>capacity of the elements, or should we compare the d/c ratio to a
>acceptable factor for the type of structure.
>
>Or in another case should we follow the UBC and just scale the results
>from the dynamic analysis.
>
>Thank you
>
>Best regards,
>Tom Long
>Asia

Please send your email to our list server at the following address:

seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org

There are over thousand engineers subscribed to this list. I am sure they
will be able to help you. If you are not subscribed to SEAOC list, you can
NOT post messages to the list.

To subscribe to the list, send an email to
admin(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
and in the body of the message type "join seaoc" (no quotes). You can leave
the subject of your message blank.

Hope that helps. Also remember to visit our web site at:
http://www.seaoc.org

Shafat Qazi, P.E.
Chair SEAOC CAC