Re: Tuned Liquid Damper

A well known expert in this field, who has worked on the development
of several systems being used today is Prof. Y. Fujino at
University of Tokyo.  He has implemented several TLDs for different
types of vibration control problems.  His email address should be
available through University of Tokyo web site.

Hope this helps.

-Dr. Ravi Sinha

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998 youngkj(--nospam--at)mail.dwconst.co.kr wrote:
> Does anyone have any contacts for obtaining up-to-date information on
> the availability of tuned liquid dampers for vibration control.  I am
> interested
> particularly in tuned liquid dampers that work well for high-rise
> buildings.  Also is
> there any information on setup for testing such as free vibration test,
> TLD-Strucutre
> interaction test, wind vibration test, etc.
>
> Regards
>
> Youngkyu Ju
> Research Engineer
> Daewoo Institute of Construction Technology

Ravi Sinha, Ph.D.		email: rsinha(--nospam--at)gemini.civil.iitb.ernet.in
Assistant Professor		       rsinha(--nospam--at)civil.iitb.ernet.in
Department of Civil Engineering	       Phone: (91-22)-578-2545 Ext. 7336
IIT, Powai, Bombay - 400 076, India    Fax: (91-22)-578-3480, 578-3557