Re: Rigid frame deflections (again)

Dr. Sassi is not on the SEAOC List Server but asked that this response be
supplied.
---------------------- Forwarded by Richard Ranous/OES on 01/22/98 09:04 AM
---------------------------

Hassan Sassi
01/22/98 08:56 AM

To:   Richard Ranous/OES@OES, wildwoman1(--nospam--at)compuserver.com, Seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
cc:
Subject:  Re: Rigid frame deflections (again)  (Document link not
      converted)

If every thing remains the same i.e. the sizes, heights and lengths of the
beams and columns, then the relative stiffness of the shorter column is
more than the taller one.  It seems that the author is stating  and I
quote: "for both fixed and pinned at base calcs, my 7 foot long frame is
stiffer than my 17 foot one." but concluded the opposite ! Best regards.
Dr. Sassi