Re: Disaster dilemma

I understand that the task of safety assessment will be overwhelming if limited
only to *qualified* structural engineers. However, based on my experiences
including the observations I made post-Northridge and evaluating the skills of
the architectual clients I personally know, the only task I would be
comfortable in assigning is giving these architects a batch of red placards and
instructing them on how to post them. I would'nt give them yellow or green
placards at all. I would
feel more comfortable if I knew that they had taken some sort of instruction
prior to the event.

Regards,
Bill Allen