Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: WOOD - Stud Wall Splice

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
One suggestion if you rebuild the wall - use the Trus-Joist Timberstrand
studs. They work great for tall walls. I recently completed a church with it
as well and the contractor was so pleased with the labor savings that he
want only to do timberstrand projects.
Dennis wish PE

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Privett <eqretrodr(--nospam--at)>
To: seaoc(--nospam--at) <seaoc(--nospam--at)>
Date: Monday, January 26, 1998 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: WOOD - Stud Wall Splice

>If the wall doesn't have any finishes on it, it may be more economical
>to take it down and do it right... especially when you figure the time
>for you to solve and detail the problem, and then process it with
>building and safety...
>When going into an existing condition, I've cut the top plate at 48"
>centers and laid in a new member full height.  This is designed for the
>trib load with a point load at the existing plate height (or +14' in
>your case)
>Steve Privett  CE
FN:Dennis S. Wish