Re: FYI -- Welding Design Seminars Offered

Scott Funderburk wrote:

> http://www.lincolnelectric.com/educate
>
> The Lincoln Electric Company has announced the schedule for its 1998
> Professional Programs, a series of production and design welding seminars.
> All of the Professional Programs are conducted in the state-of-the-art
> Welding Technology Center at the company's world headquarters in Cleveland,
> Ohio.
>
> Blodgett's Design of Steel Structures is a comprehensive five-day seminar
> conducted by a team of experts led by Omer W. Blodgett, P.E., ScD, and
> Duane K. Miller, P.E., ScD.  It is designed for those responsible for
> improving quality and function, reducing costs, and conserving material
> through the efficient use of structural steel and cover the most critical
> elements of designing weldments for structural steel applications,
> including: determining weld size, controlling distortion, metallurgy and
> cracking, designing for fatigue, shock and torsional loads, transfer of
> force, mechanical properties of welded connections, achieving ductility,
> designing for seismic conditions, the importance of inspection, and
> applicable structural welding codes.  Blodgett's Design of Steel Structures
> will be offered March 23-27 and October 19-23, 1998; the fee for each
> five-day seminar is $395.  Continuing education credit: 3.3 CEUs.
>
> Registration forms and further information about Lincoln Electric's
> Professional Programs may be obtained by writing to The Lincoln Electric
> Company, Attn: Registrar, Professional Programs, 22801 St. Clair Avenue,
> Cleveland, Ohio 44117-1199; by faxing a request to The Registrar of Lincoln
> Electric Professional Programs at (216) 383-8025; or by visiting Lincoln
> Electric on the worldwide web at http://www.lincolnelectric.com/educate
> Scott:

I thought I remember from an earlier post of yours that you said
Blodgett was rewriting "Design of Welded Structures" and it would soon
be avialable.  Will this possibly be offered through the seminar, or
seperately in the near future?

Mickey Estey, P.E.
Robert Lawson Structural Engineers