Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: WOOD - Stud Wall Splice[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: WOOD - Stud Wall Splice
- From: Parkerres <Parkerres(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 01:42:43 EST
Richard - I vote with Steve -- "When going into an existing condition, I've cut the top plate at 48" centers and laid in a new member full height. This is designed for the trib load with a point load at the existing plate height (or +14' in your case) " We also often use this method. The new member is typically a 4x. Good luck. Bruce Resnick, SE Parker Resnick Str. Eng.
- Prev by Subject: Re: WOOD - Stud Wall Splice
- Next by Subject: Re: WOOD - Stud Wall Splice
- Previous by thread: Re: WOOD - Stud Wall Splice
- Next by thread: Re: Re: WOOD - Stud Wall Splice