This is totally inapprop

Bill Allen was on the USS ENTERPRISE at the end of the Vietnam conflict.  I
was on the USS BEGOR (APD-127) at the very beginning of the Vietnam conflict,
arriving in Haiphong (Yes, Haiphong, N. Vietnam) 7 days after the Geneva
agreement was signed ending the French-Indo China war and beginning the
Passage to Freedom operations where civilians were supposed to be free to
leave North Vietnam for 6 months.  Dr. Thomas A. Dooley and his corpsmen were
quartered on the ship and related to us the atrocities on the supposedly
*free to leave* civilians that they witnessed.  Some, but not the most
horrific, atrocities are described in Dr. Dooley's first book, "The Night
They Burned the Mountain."

I, too, am embarrassed about the spectacle that draft dodger number 1 is
causing.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona