Re: This is totally inapprop

OK gang. Lots of us are veterans on this list, and believe me , we don't
all think the same. I find much to despise about the current Commander in
Chief (the last 2 elections are the only ones where I voted for a
non-major party candidate) but failure to serve in the military is NOT
one of them. His failure to do so was probably from convenience and not
from any moral conviction (I doubt that he has any) but that's still all
right by me. Requiring someone to serve in the military to preserve
freedom is a contradiction and a load of manure. If we really have a way
of life worth fighting for, then people will fight for it without
requiring them to. This really IS inappropriate, but I'm getting tired of
all this nationalistic bullshit.
Bob Shilling (USMC '61-'65)
Bob Shilling, SE             Berkeley, CA          shilling(--nospam--at)emf.net