Subject: <NULL>
Author:  partrick@mindspring.com_at_-FDInternet at FDINET
Date:    1/27/98 5:26 PM

I think I remember seeing on this list a long time ago some discussion of
isolated slabs used for equipment support. These slabs are usually on the
order of 24" thick for generator pads under 10,000 lb generators, something
on the order of four times the equipmtent weight.

For a 20,000 pound diesel generator, 1800 rpm at rated load, would a
reasonable approach for isolation and support be a slab of 80,000 pounds
(24" x 12' x 24')? Vibration isolation is not so much for human comfort,
just don't want to shake the building (1 story masonry, reinforced) and
contents apart.

Is a rule of thumb applicable for such equipment support? I have struck out
in my own library.

Any support would appreciated.

Ted Partrick, PE
City of Greensboro (Greensboro, NC)