Re: This is totally inappropriate for this listserve..

Yo!! Jim

Thor

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Warne <jwarne(--nospam--at)direct.ca>
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 1998 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: This is totally inappropriate for this listserve..

>Re:
>Bill Allen's message:
>
>>  "The rest of the
>> world is laughing at us, just like when Carter was in."
>>

>Not laughing.... just fascinated; at least in our part of the world.
>
>What's wrong with a country that puts the public's right to know above
looking good at all costs?

>We don't know how this show will turn out, but we know we're likely to know
a lot more about your leader, when it's over, than
>we will about any other world leader, including our own.
>
>Our top judges are appointed by our Prime Minister, without any public
screening at all. You expose Supreme Court nominees to
>trial by fire. It may not be elegant, but at least the public respects the
winners in the process. Why not set high standards
>for high jobs?
>
>As for the Vietnam comments... wow! I'd forgotten there was that much
emotion about the war. Of course it's easy to "armchair
>quarterback" that contest, but you guys were really trying to make the
world safe and free, at the time. I hope the vets and
>ex-protesters now see each other's viewpoints after all these years.
>
>And watch your language about Carter ... I like him.  He was an engineer,
too, as I recall (as was Herbert Hoover). Those were
>tricky times, and you can't knock his efforts or his motives. Certainly his
personal example is above reproach.

>As far as political comment goes, of course it's innapropriate and out of
place on "our" technical list server. But I'm