Re: Private School Reporting for Structural Engineers -Reply

To David, Bruce & Fred,

Thank you for your informative and honest responses. I am interested in
this statute for its quality assurance provisions for plan checking,
inspection, design and construction. I will talk to Oakland and San
Francisco about their administrative procedures.

By the way, similar and more extensive reporting requirements also
apply to essential buildings (local fire & police stations). Do we have any
structural (or civil) engineers who have done structural design for
alterations or new work at local fire or police stations?

All responses appreciated,

Tim McCormick, P.E.
City of Los Angeles