Appropriate or not? This is the question.

Hi Dennis:

You wrote:
>"My opinion is that if he can sleep with three hundred women a night and
get up in the morning to do his job than it's none of my concern .....If you
found out your employee was having an affair with a married person, would
you fire him for using poor judgement?"<

I truly hope President Clinton is a virtuous individual.
And in general, who do we admire more? An employee who has committed
something truly immoral, or a virtuous one.

Thanks for everybody's comments.
Kasey Hemmatyar, P. Eng.
Vancouver, B.C.

________
________

At 09:10 PM 1/28/98 -0800, you wrote:
>The key words of your argument are "there have been three
>affairs/indiscretions that probably occurred." Probably doesn't mean diddly
>until it can be proven. My opinion is that if he can sleep with three
>hundred women a night and get up in the morning to do his job than it's none
>of my concern - let Hillery worry about it.
>Let me ask you this one. If he were single and sleeping with twenty women
>during his first year in office, would you consider him an ineffective
>president? Would you consider him of poor character because he appears to be
>promiscuous?
>I can't concern myself with a persons sex life if it doesn't affect his job.
>If you found out your employee was having an affair with a married person,
>would you fire him for using poor judgement? Would you consider that if he
>cheated on his wife and children that he would do lie and cheat on the job?
>Can't agree with you on this one. A one of the others stated, who believes a
>politian anyway. Do you want to impeach Newt because he divorced his wife
>while she was in the hospital with cancer?
>It seems to me the real issue is not morals, ethics or character - it's
>politics.
>Dennis Wish PE
K. Hemmatyar, P. Eng.
KCH and Associates Consulting Engineers Ltd.
1089 West Broadway, Suite 207
Vancouver, B.C. V6H 1E5  Canada
Tel: (604) 731-1113
Fax: (604) 731-3312 or: (604) 875-8542