Re: Appropriateness

".......can't tell a book by its cover........"?

The decisions and actions of any individual are the calling cards of the
nature of that person.  (".....actions speak louder....).  Over time the
number of any given actions or derivatives thereof are the bubbles that the
ocean deep vents like a fart, without warning or definition other than the
wafting sweetness or putridness of the nature thus exposed.  It is not
actions per se that should concern us, it is the nature that has given rise
to those actions.  Is this not the process that our psychologists and
psychiatrists use in the definition of our own characters and hence our
impact on both ourselves and others?  If we judge that the actions of an
elected person are inappropriate we should, with urgency, seek out the
nature that produces these actions and judge on the fitness of that
nature/character to the role that we have set that person.  Salem-type
hysteria is not the scenario being advocated here!!

The nature/character of a leader is important in the long run to the actions
of that leader will make.  His nature (despite the influence of advisors
etc) will produce decisions that will be lauded, criticized, "good", or
"bad".

Any person in high office will produce significant societal ripples and the
landscape of our human interaction should be cautiously surveyed before we
venture into the minefield of state function.  It is too late afterwards to
plead ignorance or mis-direction.

Look at all leaders both public and private.  Their organizations are the
shop front to their (and their supporters') natures.  Their organizations
are the oases that will sustain you or kill you depending on the well-spring
source that is the leader.

Look carefully to your leaders before they are in positions of power:  not
with the eyes of the greedy but with the eyes of compassionate concern for
the wellfare of your society.  Integrity and honesty are the hall marks of
the wise.  It is the wise we wish to lead us, no?

Thor Tandy