From: John Cannon Jones <jcjones(--nospam--at)pell.net>
To: 'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org' <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
Date: Thursday, January 29, 1998 6:55 AM
Subject: RE: totally inappropriate... (Damn right)

Let me ask you this one. If he were single and sleeping with twenty women
during his first year in office, would you consider him an ineffective
president? Would you consider him of poor character because he appears to be
promiscuous?
[john]
I didn't correlate promiscuity with effectiveness as a leader, so yes, if he
were doing his job I would consider him effective.  I would, however,
disagree with his ethics.

I can't concern myself with a persons sex life if it doesn't affect his job.
If you found out your employee was having an affair with a married person,
would you fire him for using poor judgement?
[john]
If that person was his subordinate then the answer is yes.

Would you consider that if he
cheated on his wife and children that he would do lie and cheat on the job?
[john]
Are you saying that someone who lies and cheats on their closest family
members is less likely to lie to clients/colleagues?

To paraphrase a quote from Einstein...  Those that lie in small matters can
certainly not be trusted to the highest matters of state.  I don't recall
the exact quote but I think that's close.

John Jones
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Wish;Dennis;S.
FN:Dennis S. Wish
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com
REV:19980129T171549Z
END:VCARD