Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: totally inappropriate... (Damn right)

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

-----Original Message-----
From:	wish [SMTP:wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com]
Sent:	Thursday, January 29, 1998 9:11 AM
To:	seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject:	Re: totally inappropriate... (Damn right)

Sorry Bob, but I think you missed my point - he has only been accused, not
convicted or even substantiated. Rumors and allegations are not sufficient
to start an impeachment process. If you want to debate supposition than
simply state that and there will be some validity to the rhetoric. However,
he has not been proven guilty of any accusation and it is equally
irresponsible to try and convict anyone on unsubstantiated claims.
Dennis
[Bill Allen. S.E.]  
Tell that to Judge Robert Bork.


Let's see..
Draft dodging
dope smoking (inhilation notwithstanding)
Whitewater
Gennifer Flowers (admitted to that)
Paula Jones
..and now Lewinski

Naw, there's nothing there from which to draw a conclusion. Everybody is making this stuff up!!
BTW, having an extramarital affair is not an impeachable offense, but lying in a sworn affidavit or before a grand jury is. Even if Clinton is not impeached, he should be embarrassed and ashamed for bringing such dishonor to the office of the President.

Regards,
Bill Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Germaine, Bob/CVO <bgermain(--nospam--at)CH2M.com>
To: 'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org' <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
Date: Thursday, January 29, 1998 4:46 AM
Subject: RE: totally inappropriate... (Damn right)


>Dennis,
>Your missing the point.  He has not been accused of sleeping with just
>another woman off the street, he has been accused of sleeping with a
>SUBORDINATE.  That IS an abuse of power.  It seems ironic to me that I
>hear some of you engineers with HIGH ethical standards comment that the
>Presidents ethics do not matter.  I'm sorry, but if his ethical
>standards do not matter than I cannot see why OUR ethical standards
>matter (as engineers).  The President has more power over life and death
>than we ever will.  I do believe that he should not be condemned until
>proven guilty, but if he has abused his power as accused, he MUST go
>down, no matter what the cost.
>Bob Germaine PE
>
>> ----------
>> From: wish[SMTP:wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com]
>> Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 1998 9:10 PM
>> To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
>> Subject: Re: totally inappropriate... (Damn right)
>>
>> <<File: Dennis S. Wish.vcf>>
>> The key words of your argument are "there have been three
>> affairs/indiscretions that probably occurred." Probably doesn't mean
>> diddly
>> until it can be proven. My opinion is that if he can sleep with three
>> hundred women a night and get up in the morning to do his job than
>> it's none
>> of my concern - let Hillery worry about it.
>> Let me ask you this one. If he were single and sleeping with twenty
>> women
>> during his first year in office, would you consider him an ineffective
>> president? Would you consider him of poor character because he appears
>> to be
>> promiscuous?
>> I can't concern myself with a persons sex life if it doesn't affect
>> his job.
>> If you found out your employee was having an affair with a married
>> person,
>> would you fire him for using poor judgement? Would you consider that
>> if he
>> cheated on his wife and children that he would do lie and cheat on the
>> job?
>> Can't agree with you on this one. A one of the others stated, who
>> believes a
>> politian anyway. Do you want to impeach Newt because he divorced his
>> wife
>> while she was in the hospital with cancer?
>> It seems to me the real issue is not morals, ethics or character -
>> it's
>> politics.
>> Dennis Wish PE
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: John Cannon Jones <jcjones(--nospam--at)pell.net>
>> To: 'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org' <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
>> Date: Wednesday, January 28, 1998 3:50 PM
>> Subject: RE: totally inappropriate... (Damn right)
>>
>>
>>
>> Several people have said that as long as Clinton gets the job done
>> it's ok
>> by them.  Right now there have been three affairs/indiscretions that
>> probably occurred.  What if that number were 10, 100, 500 ...  Where
>> is the
>> line that changes from his affairs being ok to not ok.  Is there a
>> line as
>> long as the American pocketbook is relatively full.  That seems to be
>> what
>> the public is saying.
>>
>> Whether someone is doing a good or bad job with something, wrong is
>> still
>> wrong.
>>
>> John Jones
>>
>>
>>
>> Now, I am not comparing Mr. Clinton to Mr. Churchill, but only saying
>> that
>> it is what the man
>> accomplishes in office, not who he is doing out of the office, that
>> counts
>> for me.
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
 << File: Dennis S. Wish.vcf >> 

<<application/ms-tnef>>