Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: totally inappropriate... (Damn right)

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Dennis,
Did my message get scrambled during its delivery?  I think I stated very
clearly that he was only accused at this time (which he is), but IF he
is guilty he should be held accountable.  MY POINT was centered on
ETHICS, not the guilt or innocence of the President.  Please read my
original post again.
Bob 

> ----------
> From: 	wish[SMTP:wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com]
> Sent: 	Thursday, January 29, 1998 9:11 AM
> To: 	seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
> Subject: 	Re: totally inappropriate... (Damn right)
> 
> <<File: Dennis S. Wish.vcf>>
> Sorry Bob, but I think you missed my point - he has only been accused,
> not
> convicted or even substantiated. Rumors and allegations are not
> sufficient
> to start an impeachment process. If you want to debate supposition
> than
> simply state that and there will be some validity to the rhetoric.
> However,
> he has not been proven guilty of any accusation and it is equally
> irresponsible to try and convict anyone on unsubstantiated claims.
> Dennis
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Germaine, Bob/CVO <bgermain(--nospam--at)CH2M.com>
> To: 'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org' <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
> Date: Thursday, January 29, 1998 4:46 AM
> Subject: RE: totally inappropriate... (Damn right)
> 
> 
> >Dennis,
> >Your missing the point.  He has not been accused of sleeping with
> just
> >another woman off the street, he has been accused of sleeping with a
> >SUBORDINATE.  That IS an abuse of power.  It seems ironic to me that
> I
> >hear some of you engineers with HIGH ethical standards comment that
> the
> >Presidents ethics do not matter.  I'm sorry, but if his ethical
> >standards do not matter than I cannot see why OUR ethical standards
> >matter (as engineers).  The President has more power over life and
> death
> >than we ever will.  I do believe that he should not be condemned
> until
> >proven guilty, but if he has abused his power as accused, he MUST go
> >down, no matter what the cost.
> >Bob Germaine PE
> >
> >> ----------
> >> From: wish[SMTP:wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com]
> >> Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 1998 9:10 PM
> >> To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
> >> Subject: Re: totally inappropriate... (Damn right)
> >>
> >> <<File: Dennis S. Wish.vcf>>
> >> The key words of your argument are "there have been three
> >> affairs/indiscretions that probably occurred." Probably doesn't
> mean
> >> diddly
> >> until it can be proven. My opinion is that if he can sleep with
> three
> >> hundred women a night and get up in the morning to do his job than
> >> it's none
> >> of my concern - let Hillery worry about it.
> >> Let me ask you this one. If he were single and sleeping with twenty
> >> women
> >> during his first year in office, would you consider him an
> ineffective
> >> president? Would you consider him of poor character because he
> appears
> >> to be
> >> promiscuous?
> >> I can't concern myself with a persons sex life if it doesn't affect
> >> his job.
> >> If you found out your employee was having an affair with a married
> >> person,
> >> would you fire him for using poor judgement? Would you consider
> that
> >> if he
> >> cheated on his wife and children that he would do lie and cheat on
> the
> >> job?
> >> Can't agree with you on this one. A one of the others stated, who
> >> believes a
> >> politian anyway. Do you want to impeach Newt because he divorced
> his
> >> wife
> >> while she was in the hospital with cancer?
> >> It seems to me the real issue is not morals, ethics or character -
> >> it's
> >> politics.
> >> Dennis Wish PE
> >>
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: John Cannon Jones <jcjones(--nospam--at)pell.net>
> >> To: 'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org' <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
> >> Date: Wednesday, January 28, 1998 3:50 PM
> >> Subject: RE: totally inappropriate... (Damn right)
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Several people have said that as long as Clinton gets the job done
> >> it's ok
> >> by them.  Right now there have been three affairs/indiscretions
> that
> >> probably occurred.  What if that number were 10, 100, 500 ...
> Where
> >> is the
> >> line that changes from his affairs being ok to not ok.  Is there a
> >> line as
> >> long as the American pocketbook is relatively full.  That seems to
> be
> >> what
> >> the public is saying.
> >>
> >> Whether someone is doing a good or bad job with something, wrong is
> >> still
> >> wrong.
> >>
> >> John Jones
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Now, I am not comparing Mr. Clinton to Mr. Churchill, but only
> saying
> >> that
> >> it is what the man
> >> accomplishes in office, not who he is doing out of the office, that
> >> counts
> >> for me.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
>