Re: totally inappropriate... (Damn right)

Yes you did, and I apologize for going off the deep end. I don't believe
that their are "ethical standards" in this country. I know that sounds
harsh, but I once took a course at McDonell Douglas in job ethics where we
were encouraged to reduce our on-job stress by following the chain of
command to resolve conflicts we had with our superiors. I felt relieved that
we could finally speak our mind and set about speaking mine to my superior
in the manner stipulated "by the book".
My superior not only made my life miserable two days before I was to take my
CE exam, but he fabricated lies against me. Although I had witnesses to my
innocence, I left the company on bad terms because my superiors boss sided
with him and essentially told me I had no future with the company. He also
told me that the agreements I had with managment for my education and
licensing were no longer of concern to them and that they would no longer
support the agreement.
Where is the ethics here? I'm not unique - backstabing and unethical
practice occurs far more often that is reported or realized. Aerospace used
one sided ethics to get rid of older employees before they could collect
their pensions. I could write a book on the abuse of ethics - and in my
consideration goverment ethics are the worst whether you are speaking of the
president or any member of congress.
But then, I'm on my soapbox again. One note, had I not quite two days after
taking my CE, I would not be in private practice for twelve years and may
have missed out on a good thing. The supervisor died a year later from a
heart attack and his boss was unseated by competition from another state.
Something similar happened to my wife - who is a nurse. She was injured on
the job and had to fight for three years before her employer - a large
hospital in the area - was found liable for her injuries.
The only place I have found where ethics seem to work are in small business.
If your ethics are out to screw over your clients, you won't last long. If
your business ethics are to do the best you can for your clients, you'll
probably never worry about having work.
Sorry, but I don't believe that the concept of ethics is used for any other
purpose but to screw over the subordinates. There is certainly no "national
standard" that is complied with.

Dennis