Re: WOOD - Stud Wall Splice

Richard:

I just read an Email from Mel Slaysman, P.E., S.E. to you concerning your problem with the
contractors mistake.

I have run in to the same problem and can tell you that there is no way to be a "nice guy" in
this  situation and not get hurt in the long run.

No matter what you do any fix is going to haunt you for the rest of your life. So unless this
contractor is family or you own the structure have him fix it right, in accordance with your
designs, he will thank you later and your reputation will prevent other contractors from making
the same type of request later.

Good luck with you project and your decission.

Rober Stevens Jr., P.E., S.E., R.L.S.
Consulting Engineer