Re: Foundation Vibration Design

>> NAVFAC DM7 recommends that the "natural frequency of the
foundation block soil system should be less than one-half or greater
than two times the equipment operating frequency."  In most cases
this is possible<<

Wouldn't it be better to keep the foundation block soil system frequency
GREATER than the equipment frequency at all times? I look at it this way:

When the equipment is not running, it's frequency is zero. Turn it on, and
the frequency will vary from 0 to its maximum natural frequency. If the
Foundatiuon system frequnecy is less than the Equipment frequency, at some
point the two will be equal. Then I would think we would have some
amplification (a la the Tacoma Narrows bridge).

Kate O'Brien
Simi Valley