Re: New Subject Please

I would like to see all discussions focused on engineering issues. I have
fled the chat and news groups because they seem to become forums for
personal views on issues that I don't want to discuss or read about
electronically.

I very much appreciate the contributions people make on this newsgroup when
they limit themselves to the issues and life of structural engineering.

An occasional funny or pithy message posted "for information only: not for
discussion" would be acceptable if off-topic. The story about the Navy and
Army guys in the wreak is an example.

If people want to discuss politics, I would urge them to spend some time in
usenet newsgroups. There are lots of folks there waiting to take them on.

Ted Partrick, PE

At 09:29 AM 1/31/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Okay, so maybe we should get a consensus on this issue.  Is this list an
"Engineering only" list
>or not?  Several people have now indicated that they think this list
should be reserved for
>engineering issues only.  Several other people have opinioned that an
occasional off engineering
>topic is okay.  I don't think that anyone thinks that this list should
evolve into a free for all,