Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Need information on Northridge EQ.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Need information on Northridge EQ.
- From: MRodrig273(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 13:02:30 EST
- Cc: wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com
Dennis, Some of the concerns that I have about timber framed structures From Northridge earthquake: a) effects of diaphragms with openings -type of failures -solutions -costs b) shear walls -type of failures -solutions -changes made to the code due to the lessons learned c) Connections. d) foundations etc. I need this information for a paper in my Seismic design and Analysis class. If there are other concerns that you may have please let me know, I would like to research this subjects some more. Others showed interest in this subject as well. I will put all my findings on the internet for everyone to see and comment on. wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com wrote on 98-02-01 00:55:45 EST: Marlou, if you would like to ask some specific questions maybe we can assist. Many of those on the list performed assessments as either OES volunteers or as engineers hired by owners and Insurance companies. I'm sure we are loaded with stories and personal libraries of photo's. I have quite a few - especially in the Santa Monica area, but they are not online. If you wanted to know something specific, I could arrange to scan those that are relevant and email them to you in JPG format. Let us know. Dennis Wish PE
- Prev by Subject: Re: Need information on Northridge EQ.
- Next by Subject: Re: Need information on Northridge EQ.
- Previous by thread: Re: Need information on Northridge EQ.
- Next by thread: Re: Need information on Northridge EQ.