Re: WOOD - Stud Wall Splice

I can think of only one corrective measure that I'd give any thought to, and
that's to sheath both sides of the wall from top to bottom with plywood.  For
the bending moment due to the 5 psf, the plywood will act as flanges and the
studs as the web members of vertical spanning beams.

I agree that rebuilding the wall is the better/best solution.

Lew Midlam
http://www.lcm.com