RE: New Subject Please

At the SEAOC website, the e-mail listserv is described as:

"SEAOC maintains an Email server that provides an informal forum for exchange of information. Topics are generally related to SEAOC activities, engineering, business practice, and information sources."

Maybe the topic on politics was outside the bounds of the intent of the listserv. However, my original post last Tuesday (that apparently started all of this mess) was only intended to remind the participants of an apprently obscure silver anniversary. Nowhere else have I seen any mention of this anniversary including the State of the Union address (no surprise there). I just thought I was providing a public service and in no way was I attempting to use this listserv to expound on my political views to a "captive" audience.

To those of you who are either hard drive space difficient, have not discovered your delete key or otherwise offended by my political positions, I offer my sincerest appologies. Even though I would like to keep the ground rules open, it appears I share the minority opinion (not the first time, mind you). Maybe this site should remain as originally designed: focused around structural engineering topics including technical, business practice and information sources.

Regards,
Bill Allen
BAllenSE(--nospam--at)pacbell.net