RE: Thin-walled compound cross-sections shareware ?

First of all, I would like to thank you Bill, Terry, Raghu and Graham
for your quick replies.

Actually, what I am looking for is an inexpensive program
that calculates shear area and 2nd moments of inertia
of thin-walled compound cross-sections.

I have to check frequently dynamic analyses done by subcontractors.
Often these are rc-structures with shear walls and cores. The quickest
way to check such calculations is to create a small model of 3-D beam
elements. The rc-cores are often thin-walled compound cross-sections
which I usually represent by a beam with a shear and flexural rigidity.
Hence, the program I am looking for shall be able to calculate the shear
center,
effective shear area and 2nd moments of inertia - incl. torsional.

The responses which I received by now are not addressing fully
my problem - I believe that the algorithm built-in in Autocad as well
as in Shape Builder does not treat the separate elements as thin-walled
(e.g.  the deformation of the cross-section along the beam axis due to
warping as well as shear loading is neglected, i.e. the assumtion that
QS remain even is preserved).

Please correct me if I am wrong in my assumption about Autocad and Shape
Builder. I do not have access to both programs.

Thanks in advance,

Peter Rangelow
Hochtief AG,
Frankfurt, Germany