RE: EPOXY COATED REBARS

If "Barney Bars" is refering to purple epoxy coating, then yes they
conform to
different ASTM.  The green bars are ASTM D3963.  The purple (or gray)
bars
are ASTM A 934.

The purple epoxy is supposed to be more durable, however it is more
brittle.  Because
of this the bars should really be coated after bending.  As you would
expect
there is a price premium for this.  It is approx. 30% more than normal
(green)
epoxy coating, or about double black steel.