RE: EPOXY COATED REBARS

The purple epoxy coating meets a military specification which is more
stringent than that for the standard green epoxy coating. Personally, I've
only seen this type of coating used for military marine structures. Don't
know the actual military reference or ASTM reference specifically pertaining
to the purple epoxy coating.

1) Here are various ASTM references for various types of epoxy coated
reinforcing:

A775/A775M-9   Epoxy-Coated Reinforcing Steel Bars
A882/A882M-96  Epoxy-Coated Seven-Wire Prestressing Steel Strand
A884/A884M-96a Epoxy-Coated Steel Wire and Welded Wire Fabric for
Reinforcement
A899-91        Steel Wire, Epoxy-Coated
A934/A934M-97  Epoxy-Coated Prefabricated Steel Reinforcing Bars
D3963/D3963M-96a Fabrication and Jobsite Handling of Epoxy-Coated
Reinforcing Steel Bars

2) You should visit  http://www.astm.org/

Regards,

Brent Koch