RE: FNDT: Shearwall and slab foundation question

Started using YOUR abbreviations again, eh?

IMHO, sounds like grade beam time to me. If this question came into my office, I would have a hard time justifying the (free) time to do a questionable analysis just to save the owner some bucks. I could always respond "sorry about the grade beam, it was required due to a plan check correction". Keep in mind, once you start distributing the forces a long distance away, you will need additional reinforcement (in the slab, etc.) anyway. I would question the capability of the slab/thickened edge to resist uplift forces requiring an HD8A (6k +/-).

My $1.50
Regards,
Bill Allen