Wedge Anchors vs. Epoxy Rods

Just wanted to take a quick survey, but I'll give you the background story of why first.  We were going over some in-house check items on a job I had designed and detailed, me, the senior engineer I work under and a senior engineer who is new with our company.  The new senior who was checking the job wanted to know why I wasn't using wedge anchors instead of the epoxy rods I had shown on a detail connecting an existing sill plate to an existing foundation.  At his old office, they used them all the time.  My answer was that we just don't *ever* use wedge anchors, it's an office standard to always use epoxy rods.  So as I sat back and watched as two senior engineers almost came to blows (well, sort of) arguing the merrits of wedge anchors versus epoxy anchors, costs, benefits, ease of installation, whatever, I just got curious.  Is there anyone on the list using wedge anchors for seismic loads?

All I know is that I don't use them because they are no good for tension applications, and the torque required to install them correctly will crush a wood sill plate.  Anyone have any good uses for these little beauties that contractors love?  How about horror stories?

Hope to hear from you

Paul McEntee