Re: Wedge Anchors vs. Epoxy Rods

You were right. Don't use wedge anchors for seismic, they are not
effective for cyclic loading.  Hilti has a good anchor called "HSL"
metric bolts that is applicable for seismic loadings and easy to
install  or keep on using epoxy bolts.  Your senior engineer must be an
old timer behind new technology.  For heavy duty stuff, there is an
undercut anchor called Maxi-bolts but they are difficult and expensive
to install.

My advice is do what you think is right.

Tom Chiu, SE
Thomas Engineering