Re: Sex Scandal Rocks Firmament

In a message dated 98-02-07 15:10:49 EST, wildwoman1(--nospam--at)compuserve.com write:

>>Sounds great to me not to be subjected to liberal B.S., pontificating
>>about what our founding fathers had in mind as well as the pseudo
>>virtues of committee work.<<
>
>  Truly.
>
>  Regardin committee work; a camel is a hourse designed by a committee

But camels are indispensable in the lives of some folks.  We can joke about it
all we want, but until Moses II comes down the mountain bearing clay tablets
chiseled with codes and standards written by the High Authority, we'll have to
develop them in a consensus fashion, which means committees and committee
work.  Where would we be without the camels from ACI, AWS, AISC, NDS, UBC,
IBC, etc?  Even locally developed standards, such as COLA's various Divisions,
are camels courtesy of SEAOSC committees.

As the old saying goes, virtue is in the eyes of the beholder.  It isn't
surprising, then, that some folks who denigrate committee work see it as a
"pseudo virtue".   That's just as likely an attempt to quiet that small voice
inside that says otherwise.

Frank Lew, SE
Orinda, CA