plan dimension standards

      I am wondering what others are doing for residential foundation plan
dimensions. This has taken up an unproportional amount of my drafters time for
many reasons ( architect changes & errors) and alot of worries for me when
there are dimension errors on my plan.
     I recently saw a residential track planby another engineering firm  that
simply said "see architectural for dimentions" , except for unique dimensions
like foundation pad  locations for large point loads. I spoke to a concrete
sub during a structural observation and he said he looks at the architectural
anyway since he had to consider plumbing and other items , and could build it
by the architectural dimensions. The framing plans rarely have dimensions
anyway.
     Referencing the architectural plan instead of repeating the dimensions
would save a huge amount of drafting time and reduce error potential. I am
planing to start using this method and would like to know what others are
doing.

     Thanks in advance

     Tom Harris , SE
     Thousand Oaks, CA