Re: General business questions

I am a structural engineer working in a medium sized consulting
firm here in Pakistan.Having spent about four years in this field,I
am a bit dishearted about my future.There is a very tough
competition which one face in becoming an engineer,but still the
monetary return is not worth it.I was thinking of starting my own
firm,but this also does not seem feasible.My professional brothers
have expressed their experiences on their buisness and that
establishes the fact that it is not all well in developed countries
also.
The problem which I want to discuss is what one should do go on
progressing in this field so that not only he/she learns but also
earns
AAMIR MAHMOOD,P.E.