Re: plan dimension standards

Tom,

Even though or maybe especially since I hold a degree in architectural
engineering in a state where the law does not allow me to let it be known
I've become "hardened" toward the whole generaa of "architects" as far as
their veracity and trustworthiness goes!!

>From experience I can tell to absolutely not allow your foundation plan to
rely only on the architectural plans for dimensions! I was talked into doing
just this on some condo's. As the third one was being built I started
recieving calls from the builder saying that the headers called out in my
framing plans would not fit into the depth provided. Come to find out the
architect had changed not only the footprint dimensions by as much as 2'-6"
but the entire window and door schedule without notifying me or providing me
with the revised plans!! I redid all my work to fit the "new" plans and was
never paid for it!!

By the way it was a supposed fast track project. I never worked for or
recommended that architect again.

Norb Volny, PE