Re: plan dimension standards

I usually refer all dimension to the architectural plan, except for say,
major column line to line dimension, top of steel elevations.  Why, we
all know that architect always change dimension before we even notice
it.  Just have to update our drawings every so often. I don't see any
choice.  I also incorporate a note in my General note requiring the
contractor to coordinate dimensions in all drawings and bring to my
attention of any discrepencies before proceeding to construction.
That's my back-up insurance in case I miss something.

Nevertheless, the best thing to do is to have your draftperson change
the dimensions and also check them yourself before issue for
construction.  Contractors love discrepencies in dimensions from various
trade so that they can use them as excuses for change orders.

Tom Chiu, SE