RE: plan dimension standards

We make a point of dimensioning everything on our plans.  Even on retrofit
work we take a great deal of time field verifying existing conditions.  It
takes time, and our drafters do get a bit frustrated when things keep
getting moved around, but it saves more time and money in change orders and
RFI's later in the project.  Most of the architects we work with understand
this, and it seems to justify higher fees.

Just my $0.02

Paul McEntee