Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Northridge EQ[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Northridge EQ
- From: Richard_Ranous/OES(--nospam--at)oes.ca.gov
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 08:04:22 -0800
The Northridge earthquake occured on one of many blind thrust faults known to exist in the Los Angeles basin even though they have not been mapped. According to Egil Hauksson the earthquake occured "on a south-southwest dipping thrust ramp located to the southwest of the west end of the Sierra Madre Fault system and to the south of the east end of the Santa Susana, San Cayetano, and Oak Ridge fualt systems. Additional information is available in Special Publication 116 "The Northridge, California, Earthquake of 17 January 1994" published by the Division of Mines and Geology.
- Prev by Subject: Northridge EQ
- Next by Subject: Northridge EQ and Wood
- Previous by thread: Re: Homeowner Needs Engi
- Next by thread: STEEL:Allowable Bending of Single Angles