Signing mylars or vellums

Do we as professionals have to sign and stamp drawings that are on vellums or mylars?  We sign blueprints all the time, as these are not easy to alter or add to.  However, vellums and mylars can be altered or added to with ease.  Detection is difficult.  If I give the tracings out to the Owner with my signature, I fear someone could add a note, or make a revision without
my knowledge that would be difficult to detect..

Do I have a "legal" basis to deny a request to sign  an original that can be easily altered or added to?

The "LAW" reads as follows, and seems to indicate that I am required to sign "originals".  Maybe there is another section that covers what needs to be signed and how.

6735.  All civil engineering plans, specifications, and reports
shall be prepared by a registered civil engineer or by a subordinate
under his or her direction, and shall be signed by him or her to
indicate his or her responsibility for them.  In addition to the
signature, all final civil engineering plans, specifications, and
reports shall bear the seal or stamp of the registrant, and the
expiration date of the certificate or authority.  The registered
civil engineer shall use together with his or her signature or seal,
the title "civil engineer" or, if he or she has the authority, the
title "structural engineer" or, if he or she has the authority, the
title "soil engineer."  If the final civil engineering plans,
specifications, or reports have multiple pages or sheets, the
signature, seal or stamp, and expiration date of the certificate or
authority need only appear on the originals of the plans and on the
original title sheet of the specifications and reports.

Thanks

Lynn